Saturday, April 30, 2011

Do You Really Want the Sledgehammer?


The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. Psalm 25:14

When friends in our life present us a message, they often begin their approach with subtle suggestion. If they notice no change, often they will attempt something a little firmer. A true friend, though, will stick with you on an important issue until you hear; even if it means being so harsh that you feel like you have been beaten with a sledgehammer.

Let us be alert to hear the message when it is subtle and feels more full of grace like a feather. If not, we may find ourselves left bloodied and hurting from the wounds of a sledgehammer.

. . .so it is with my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55: 11

Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life; again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again. Psalm 71: 20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment